The State Of Irish Laundromats
There are no laundromats in Ireland open past 5pm (so I’m told). They aren’t any open on Sundays at all. My fancy hotel is too good to do something as menial as laundry, they have it all outsourced. So I’m out of luck there. I’m on my last pair of clean everything important, so here are my options:
- Wash my clothes in the room
- Send my clothes out for dry cleaning (roughly 50 Euro) and hope they don’t starch my unmentionables
- Spend an hour driving to and from Dublin, 15 Euro for parking, and find a hostel (where they value cleanliness, unlike this hoity toity hotel) and do my laundry there – maybe cook some dinner while I’m at it.
- Buy new clothes and wait until I get to Poland (where they value cleanliness, unlike this hoity toity country)
- Wear dirty clothes (yes, including my unmentionables)
- Go naked
I chose 4 and 5. I got a couple of new pairs of underwear and five new sets of socks. That should last me a while. I’ll just have to wear dirty pants and shirts when I go for dinner.